Hindu Forum of Belgium was launched the 16th of March 2007 in Brussels at the Jolly Hotel. It started through the inspiration of the Hindu Forum of Europe which is based on the working model of the Hindu Forum of Britain’s success.
In order to achieve our ambitious and important goals, the Hindu Forum of Belgium will undertake the following activities:
- Establish an office for proper communications and secretarial work.
- Create a website to inform the government, media, public as well as the Hindu community itself on its activities. It will also contain general information on Hinduism.
- Produce a pamphlet on the Hindu Forum and a brochure on Hinduism to distribute widely.
- Collect data to create a database of members of the Hindu community.
- Make dossier with letters of support from Hindu political and religious leaders worldwide.
- Contact political and religious leaders in Belgium to present the activities of the Hindu Forum as well as the needs and concerns of the Hindu community.
- To meet with community members to update the activities of the Forum.
- To conduct consultations on behalf of the Belgian Government with the Hindu community.
- To organize seminars on Hindu philosophy.
- To develop a curriculum for teaching Hinduism in Belgian schools by the consultation with Hindu academics in India, UK, USA, France and other countries.
- To participate in the Hindu Forum of Europe.
- To participate in important international conferences on topics of interest.
- To contact new candidates to become members of the Hindu Forum of Belgium.
- To organize a major fund raising event once a year.
- To release statements on important issues concerning the interest Hindu community of Belgian as well as internationally.